To start up a private Security Company or Business Outfit in Nigeria, the first thing that comes to mind is the registration of the company with which you intend to run the Security Outfit. To register the Company with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), it has to be a private Limited liability Company and you meet the minimum share capital for a Security Company.
HOW DO YOU REGISTER A SECURITY COMPANY IN NIGERIA?.
The steps to follow in registering a Limited Liability Company in Nigeria are as follows:
- Conduct an availability name search. Get two unique names of your choice e.g combination of your surname and your first name or combination of your children names. It all depends on your choice. If you are in any of these States Lagos, Kano, Rivers and Abuja, the name search and everything about registration can be done online by visiting CAC website but in other States you can walk into Corporate Affairs Commission office and they will conduct the name search for your security company.
Read more: Company Registration in Nigeria
- Then next you go to document upload section of the site and upload the signed forms , the payment receipt , Notice of Approval together with directors and shareholders means of identification eg Driver’s license, Voters card, International passport or National ID card.
Once your Security Company/ Business is registered with CAC it becomes a legal entity that can sue and be sued. The next step is to obtain a private Security License from Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC)
The Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) is saddled with the responsibility of licensing and regulating every Private Security Company (or Private Guards Company) in Nigeria. Their enabling law is the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps Act No. 2 of 2003 and the Amendment Act of 2007.
Requirements for a Security Company Registration
- Minimum of two shareholders (adults)
- Minimum of two directors (adults)
- Minimum of Ten Million Share Capital
- Must be a Limited Liability Company (Ltd) or Plc (not business name)
- Obtain private Security License from Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC)
To Obtain the aforementioned license, the applicant must meet up the under listed requirements
- An application for private guard license addressed to the Commandant General of the NSCDC.
- Two Certified True Copies of the Memorandum and Article of Association of the Company.
- Two photocopies of the Certificate of Incorporation.
- Payment of N500,000 (Five Hundred Thousand Naira).
- Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Statement of Account.
- Letter from a Legal Adviser.
- Letter from an Auditor
- Proposed salary structure
- Veterinary certificate (Optional)
- Personal History Statement (PHS) forms at One Hundred Thousand (100,000.00) only. All directors must obtain one.
- Two copies of the Directors credentials to be attached with PHS forms.
- Letter from bankers.
- Eight copies of the passport photographs of the directors.
- Eight full photographs of each of the Directors with a white background, with five fingers and signature signed at the back of the photograph in the presence of officers of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps.
- Photocopy of the signature page of the Directors’ International passport or National ID Card or Driver’s License and this should be stapled at the back cover of the file jacket.
- PHS form musts be adequately filled to reflect Nil or Not Applicable to portions of the form that the Directors intend not to answer, as no column should be left unfiled.
- Attestation letters from the referees for each director
- One uniform sample with two photographs of a guard in the uniform. The uniform and accoutrement must not have semblance of any government agency or any Private Guards Company.
The NSCDC reserves the ultimate discretion to grant an application for license having regards to an Applicant’s ability to satisfy all the requirements.
Once this is done, you can start operating your security outfit!
FOR ASSISTANCE AND OR QUESTIONS
Call ; 08035492685
WatsApp (only): 09054440156