HOW TO CHANGE COMPANY OR BUSINESS NAME (NIGERIA)
There are times when you as a business owner or shareholders of a company does not feel comfortable or okay with the name you have been carrying on business with. The simple solution to this is to change the name of the company or the business name.
You may ask, what are the steps I need to take to get this done?
The answer is very simple, below are the procedure to follow to change your business or company name as the case maybe.
- Conduct a name search with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). Ie search to know if the new name you want to use is available for you.
- If your company has not been paying her Annual Returns, the company needs to pay her Annual Returns up to date.
- Prepare a new Memorandum and Article of Association with the new company name that has been approved by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and submit it to stamp-duty office for filing and stamp.
- Submit the new Memorandum and Article of Association and the old Certificate of Incorporation to CAC.
- Pay filling fee of form CAC 2&7a and memorandum of Association, issuance of new certificate fee, in the bank or online to CAC.
- Prepare and submit an application for change of name stating the reason for the change. The application is to be signed by the Directors of the Company.
- Submit the documents stated in Nos 4,5 & 6 above to CAC office and wait for the approval and issuance of a new Certificate of Incorporation by the Commission.
The approval and issuance of a new Certificate of Incorporation takes at least 2 weeks.
For further question on this article Call: 08035492685. Watsapp: 09054440156. Facebook: www.faceebook.com/verazadvocates